“There once lived an Evil Princess and a Brave Knight. They shared a castle. They shared a manky cat. But there were issues.”
What are the issues?
They fight and fight! Finally, the magic mirror sends them to their rooms.
Can a princess be evil by herself? Can a knight be brave by himself? You will have to read the book to find out!
Language and Learning Tips
Any siblings that have an occasional quarrel will love this book! As you are reading this book, use intonation to emphasize the specific emotions of the characters. Both characters have strong emotions and personalities. Discuss their personalities and how they are different from each other. How are they the same? How did they resolve their issues at the end?
This picture book has many opportunities to learn new vocabulary! Here are some interesting words to get started with!
Manky, prevail, kingdom, inspiration, evil, tremble, brave, fierce, quest, and damsel.
- What does it mean to be brave? To teach your child more about being brave and having courage, read the book Courage.
- What does it mean to be evil?
- Have you ever blamed your sibling for something?
- Have you ever fought with your sibling? How did you make up?
- Have your child role play each character and then switch. Ask them about what is felt like to be “brave” and then “evil”.