What is better than carrot bread? Roasted carrot bread! I bought the most gorgeous carrots at the farmers market over the weekend and really wanted to use them wisely. Roasting brings out the carrot’s natural sweetness. The bread is sweet, earthy, full of flavor and very moist. It’s a great bread to make for the family because it is ideal for breakfast or for a snack. This bread would also make a great addition to any lunch you are packing up for your kids. If you don’t want to roast the carrots, I would steam them instead and then go through the same process of pulsing them in the food processor. Raisins or yogurt chips would be a good addition!
Carryover Book: Carrot Seed
1.5-2 cups of chopped roasted carrots (I washed, peeled and chopped 4 mid size carrots. Spread carrots on a cookie sheet. Then spray with olive oil. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of raw sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Bake the carrots at 375 for about 20-25 until browned and done.
3/4 whole wheat flour
3/4 white all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup of applesauce
3/4 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one standard loaf pan.
2. In one bowl combine flour through cinnamon.
3. In another bowl mix eggs through vanilla extract.
4. Add dry to wet ingredients until incorporated.
5. In the food processor, pulse the carrots until finely diced. Add them to the batter.
6. Add batter to loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes or until done. It may take longer depending on your oven
7. Let cool on a cooling rack and eat! It’s the best the next day.