This Passover recipe was originally given to me by a friend of my moms. Its a delicious recipe that is definitely addicting. The mondel bread is crunchy, sweet and satisfying. It is something I make each year and can’t get enough of. Depending on how you keep Passover, you would need to adjust some of the ingredients below to make sure they are kosher for Passover.
Carryover Picture Books: Favorite Picks for Passover
Here is the original recipe:
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of unsalted butter softened
6 large eggs
2 3/4 cup of cake meal
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of potato starch
6 oz chocolate chips
2 teaspoons of sugar with a little cinnamon
1. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (potato starch, cake meal, salt)
4. Add dry to wet ingredients.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Form into two logs and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of each loaf.
7. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. I slice it after a couple of minutes out of the oven and toast each side for about 5 minutes.