My daughter and I made this bread together one afternoon. I had four very ripe bananas sitting on my table and couldn’t resist. I love banana bread, especially marble banana bread. The bread is moist, sweet and delicious. It’s great by itself or warmed with some peanut butter, almond butter or biscoff spread. I got the original recipe here at Cooking Light. Here is how I made it:
2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of unsalted butter softened
4 very ripe bananas mashed
1/3 cup greek flavored banana yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1. Cream sugar and butter.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
3. Add eggs one a time, then the mashed bananas and then the yogurt.
4. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture.
5. Set aside one cup of batter.
6. Melt chips in microwave in 30 second intervals until just melted. Mix chocolate and add to the one cup of batter.
7. Layer vanilla batter and chocolate batter alternately in loaf pan (that is greased). Swirl with knife.
8. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until done.
9. cool and eat! Yum!