Looking for an easy and healthy bread that is packed with nutrients? Try this easy low fat pumpkin zucchini bread. This bread has 1 cup of pumpkin and 2 zucchinis which makes it really moist and delicious. I added 1/2 cup of light brown sugar but it can be substituted with maple syrup or reduced if you prefer a less sweet bread. I used a combination of cinnamon and milk chocolate chips but feel free to use just chocolate chips or substitute raisins if that is what you have on hand.
Do you have a food processor? Save time by using this appliance to make the bread which makes an easy clean up (I’m always happy with less bowls to clean!) This bread is excellent for breakfast or even packed in a lunchbox for a child’s snack.
Are you looking for tips on how to work on language during baking time? Check out my guest post here.
Carryover Picture Books: Penguin and Pumpkin, Why I Should Eat Well?
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of white all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned pumpkin (1/2 can of 15 oz pureed pumpkin)
1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed to release excess water (about 2 medium zucchini peeled and shredded)
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/4 cup of canola oil
1/4 cup of applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup low fat milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup of cinnamon chips (can be replaced with chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine flours through ground all spice.
3. In a food processor or with a hand mixer, combine canned pumpkin through vanilla extract. Add milk and combine again.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Pulse until moistened or combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into one greased standard loaf pan.
7. Bake at 375 for about 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.